Thread: Azno3
View Single Post
Old 10/06/2007, 05:48 AM
Premium Member

Marc, I think the vodka thing works and have used it but I use a mix of different 5 different carbon sources. You wouldn't want to use it in combination with AZNO3 however and would want to get your system off AZNO3 before even thinking about using that approach.

I'd much rather see you go with a sulfur denitrator instead as it would serve you long term.

Just like with the AZNO3 you should take it slow and many (not all) of the problems people run into with vodka/sugar is because they dose way to much or ramp up the dosage to fast. It would be like you adding a full bottle or close to it of AZNO3 at one time. The systems changes so fast things don't have a chance to adjust properly. They don't check silica and other important checks and boom...

It's like aspirin, people read the label and see the dosage is 2 tablets but they think they're super human or something so they take 3 or 4 because it "must be better or work faster that way".

Slow and steady is the key IMHO.

Marc, I didn't go back and read the thread to look for this but I'm wondering if you N&P are way out of balance and might be why your macro isn't helping as much as it could be. What's your current phosphate levels?

Are you still using Lanth. to drop phosphates or are you using a GFO product now?

Carlo