View Single Post
Old 06/14/2004, 07:57 AM
Keeper(?) of Tim

The AC surface-skimmer was a new gadget that I found at a local LFS for $19.99. A quick search of the web got me this link with images and many listings for as low as $9.99 over the internet.

I had planned many ways to do just this, but never got around to the project. So when I saw it on the shelf I had to buy it!

In the AquaClear filter I am currently running both a sponge and carbon. This week I will swap out the sponge and carbon and add a chemi-clear (still fighting some dinos/cyano blooms (damn dirty eater)...

Tim is roughly 2 to 2 1/2 inches in total length now, but it's his width that I find most impressive since first getting him. The pictures don't show it very well, but he is a monster for his size.

Strongbad has also grown in the time he has been rooming with Tim. Aside from finally having dealt with Krytonite (unconfirmed but the remains looked to have been his), Tim seems content to leave Strongbad alone... for now. Having a hollowed out piece of LR and big freakin' claws for protection might have something to do with Strong's survival and the perceived truce though.

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.