View Single Post
Old 07/18/2007, 11:07 PM
Excuse My French...

Day 21 - Wednesday 18th - Around 8pm

Some news finally...

This morning nitrites were tested at "almost" zero and the green hair algae was seriously gaining ground. I also noticed some spots of "red slime", the infamous cyanobacteria. Take a look:

I am not 100% sure I have cyano but it look very much like it Please could someone confirm?

So I decided to bring in the first wave of the cleaning crew a bit ahead of time, even if water conditions are certainly far from perfect. I introduced 3 of each specie: Astrae, Nassarius, Cerith and Nerite. So far all have been quite active for a while grazing on rocks or buried in the sand. Now they are much quieter, seems like they are taking a nap after a fest of hairy algae.

I am planning to bring another group of smails this coming Friday.

I am still hesitating on whether or not I should introduce hermit crabs. Good janitors and fun to watch or just merciless Snail Serial Killers...

I have also found another tiny feather duster and possibly two more but it is hard to tell because they are so small...