Thread: Sea Fans
View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Had to step out and read all the great info on this thread before I post pictures of the seafan I got and the one i plan to get. here are pictures of the one I got. it was hard to get a good picture as it's under very bright lighting and it being dark doe not help not to overexpose everything close to it which makes me feek dizzy looking at the pics.
it is black in colour and the polyps are rather purple. i put it in moderate flow area tank is lit with 150w 20k Mh suplemented by ultra white and actinic marine Arcadia fluorescent lamps. it is below the MH a bit to the side. and receives some flow from 2 directions. should i move it to less light and to an area with flow from one direction? it has been in the tank since 15 days now and is showing polyps every day. some of the stalks do not have polyps and i assume they were damaged in shipping. any info on the one I got would be greatly appreciated especially any info on what I sohuld do with the damaged portions? cut them off or just wait and see if they will recover?
Here's the one I have i'm presuming its photosynthetic as its dark in colour

Here's one big seafan that has been at an LFS in Dubai since 6 weeks now the owner said it's not selling for some reason and it looked very healthy to me so I'm planning on buying it on my next visit.
I'm presuimng it' non photosunthetic as it's white in colour? any info on it if it's hardy or not and any advice on getting it or not?