View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

The first pic is crappy, because i took it last night with my cell. this is the back of the tank (JBJ Nanocube 12DX) right after I finished drilling the holes and fitting the bulkheads.

Here it is back in place and plumbed. Don't ask why I have a ball valve on the drain line, I just happened th have 2. The durso isn't all the way finished yet either.

Here's the sump/fuge itself. I'll be adding some cheato and LR rubble to the left chamber, and a HOB skimmer and possibly a pair of phosban reactors to the right hand chamber.

Here's the inside of the rear chamber of the nano. Drain on the left, return on the right. I wanted to modify it as little as possible, so I lined up the return bulkhead with the hole that was already in the front of the rear section for the stock return. I had to rig it with some clear tubing so I didn't have to drill it out to accommodate the PVC. The smaller diameter of the tubing increases the velocity of the flow anyway, so it's a win-win situation.

The whole thing took about 2 hours, which included making the extra 12 gallons of salt water to fill the sump. I'm using a Mag 2 as a return, and so far, it's silent, has more flow, and the temp is considerably cooler than it was before. Cool enough that I shouldn't have any problems with additional powerheads to run the skimmer and phosban reactors, and possibly add more flow to the display.

So far, I'm really very pleased with how this has gone.
Frogspawn
Kenya Tree (large)
Button Polyps
Xenia
GSP/PSP
Richmond Tricolor
Unknown Blue Tip Acro
Torch
Anthelia