View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Siwelk, just to confirm, yes those are the keyhole slots I was talking about. Should allow you to use the Outer Orbit hanging hardware or other that uses the same configuration. I think that Marine and Reef or Marine Depot carry the hardware in stock. 20 something bucks if I remember right. I'm using the adjustable cable grip portion of the hardware that came with my Outer Orbit to hang my DIY aluminum light rack. Works great.

A note on the fans ... the fixture cools well as is. T5 bulbs need the cooling with the acrylic shield in place to maintain par. Par drops if they overheat. The fixture is set up for a tunnel cooling effect and I think that both fans are providing that by drawing a good amount of air past the bulbs from one end of the fixture to the other. I think that reversing one will make for less efficient cooling than leaving them as is. If you are going to reverse one, I would definitely set up a thermometer to check the temperature inside the fixture and compare configurations to see which one is more effective. Also, if they sound about as loud as computer fans I would say you got a good pair of fans. The fans in both my current usa fixtures were quiet as well.