View Single Post
Old 12/11/2007, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hahnmeister
Does anyone else see what I see???

That photo shows the light coming out the bottom of the fixture, from a perpendicular from the length of the bulbs. When viewing a reflector at this angle, the light should be solid from one end to the other. I can make out the individual bulbs still!!! If possible, I would like to see a photo from the tank's perspective to see if its not just that photo for some reason.
Will the fixture allow him to keep anything he wants to in his 30 gallon?

I guarantee the old Nova Extreme 8 bulb would have allowed me to keep and grow anything I wanted to in my 90 gallon and siwelks new "Pro" will allow him to keep anything he wants to in his 30 gallon and it will thrive.

One can criticize just about anything anywhere near the price range that these fixtures cost. There is a very popular fixture that costs more than this one who's users will defend to the death despite the fact that using it with the acrylic lens seriously hurts the par because of it's lack of active cooling. The Nova atleast has effective enough active cooling. And now the closest thing to being a real upgrade, Aquactinics TX5, which was more expensive in the first place, just had a signifigant price increase.

So, like I stated, one can criticize anything anwhere near the price that this fixture cost ... but does one always have to?
I could see it if it wasnt going to do what the buyer needed it to do but in this case, that is clearly not a problem.