Thread: frazier
View Single Post
Old 05/24/2007, 06:20 AM
Garbologist

Re: Re: frazier

Quote:
Originally posted by frazier
for one he said there was a repair job on it.. I asked the guy that I bought it from and he has not got back to me... as I said in the post...I had never used it before and didn't know much about it....if you had worries you shouldn't buy used stuff!!!
I'm not quite sure that I understand your post. What do you mean by "a repair job" and what do you mean by "the guy that you bought it from"? Just wanted to clarify.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing but I feel the need with this one. As far as your last statement, yes, a person always takes a risk when buying anything used, whether it be a car or a piece of reef equipment. But in any case, a seller should make sure that either he sells a quality piece or is up front about any possible issues. I think that rust qualifies as something that should be made clear. The fact that you never used it IMO is a non issue.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."