View Single Post
Old 10/13/2005, 03:38 PM
Whoo Hoo! 500!

Once again here, I think that I am totally missing your message.

In a nutshell, what I heard from you is that harlequin shrimp are unethical to keep because they have to eat starfish and that's not OK because there isn't a sign on the starfish that specifically says for feeding harlequin shrimp

My take on it is that it makes no difference if the "food" animal is labeled for feeding or decoration. I am NOT trying to justify the keeping of harlequin shrimp by stating other possible unethical situations, I am only trying to say (the whole point to this very odd conversation) that each creature that we keep has a diet we need to uphold as best as possible, and if that diet happens to consist of something we personally consider taboo, so be it. With proper treatment, it seems that harlequin shrimp adjust well to the home aquarium, so why the fuss over what it eats?

I'm not saying that what you personally do is unethical or anything, and I'm not attacking you. I am honestly trying to understand your point. I don't feel my point is baseless.