View Single Post
Old 10/31/2005, 04:21 PM
In over my head!

POWER IS BACK!

Just a few hours after I posted on Saturday, our power was finally restored. We were out from 6:30am Monday to ~2pm Saturday.

I am happy to report that everything seems to have survived the storm just fine.

I'm still limited to internet only when I'm at work. We have no idea how long it will be until our cable modem service is restored. Satellite repairs will also take some time (you can't even get an appointment), but I was able to scavenge and set up an old round dish for temporary service. So things are pretty close to nomal at home.....

Rich, I haven't added any coral to the tank, but the few that came on the LR didn't seem to mind a few days of low light. I ended up covering the canopy with a blanket to help hold in heat, and temps never dropped below 75.

Mbunaman, I like the idea of the whole house generator, but I'm not sure if it makes sense for us. In a condo/townhouse, first there's the issue of getting approval. Not just the generator, you'd also need a huge tank to hold more than a week's supply of natural gas (we don't have gas utility service).

Mike, yep, my avatar is a pic I took at Molokini in June.