View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! BEST WISHES TO ALL MY FRIENDS ... THAT MEANS YOU ... HAVE A GREAT 2008!!

Abyall Congratulations on your beautiful tank! Lovely photos. Do you use a macro lens? Thanks for sharing.

Reefmack I loved your video! Your tank looks just great! Your emerald crab really is a bold one ... I have to just about stand on my head to peer at mine in his favorite little hidey-hole.

Y-DesygnGuy Hey great job getting that Hydor Flow up & running!!

You guys!!! Lucky, lucky you to go to the zoo today!! It is -18 C here ... Jack Frost stopped by & left the most gorgeous artwork on my kitchen window.

Hi Janes_mw .... Welcome & Congratulations on your new RSM! Keep lots of pictures so you can see it change right from the beginning.

stephansturman I added about 2" of extra arraganite to my tank ... it had just over 1" before the addition. In all likelihood, you will see another 'cycle', but probably not too bad. Of course, even after I rinsed & rinsed & rinsed the sand, I still had a dust storm but it didn't take too long & it all cleared up again. I added mine with a plastic measuring cup, the sand was still wet, so it didn't really float much, and dumped it slowly wherever I wanted it. Make sure you turn off the powerheads, etc! My problem is that I couldn't get it under some rockwork and so it is shallower in places but it will be OK as my rock is all firmly set in place.

Sorry for the long post ... again. I did put my order in for some frags and hopefully they will arrive on Thursday ... coming by plane. I really spent a small fortune so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to 'see' them. They are all 1 or 2 polyp! I ordered: Flourescent red & green acan, Australian Coral Snake acan, Australian Orchid Acan, Yellow striped with red Australian Acan, a multi color riccordea, a Stardust Paly, and a Ice Green Tonga Carpet coral. The 'frag-man' is sending along 3 free frags ... a white Zinnia, a clove polyp (hope this is one of the blue ones!!!) and a orange with flourescent green center acan. I know, you're saying ... post pictures. I will, but my shots are not at all as sharp & gorgeous as everyone's here! I will try.