View Single Post
Old 07/20/2007, 12:00 AM
the cow flys at dawn

kau_cinta_ku:
so will mine work fine? it will work, it might take longer to cycle, but it will work just fine.

so far only been hooked up for almost 2 weeks and no change whats that mean ??? how fast is the flow, nitrates? nitrites? ammonia? pH?

i have a 30" tall 4" od PVC pipe with 100 feet of 1/4" tubing running on the outside, filled completly with bioballs on the inside. my tank is 75 gal. with a 30 gal sump/fuge. here is a pic. thats too long a tube and too large a bio chamber so expect a slow start. and the possibility of low but varrying nitrate levels

s a v v o:
The tube I'm thinking of using is black garden sprinkler materialthat stuff works just make sure you dont kink it, icemaker tubing resists kinks better just make sure you dont get any with holes in it some of these are designed to perspire or ?? with micro holes every however far apart.

One other question: I have a bag of coral rubble, ranging between pea size and pieces about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick. I can easily go out and buy plastic media, but I'm wondering if one may be more effective if you dont wanna buy stuff put the coil in the bio chamber and fill the rest with 1" lengths of 1/2" pvc you dont wanna use coral rubble you dont want the most effecient, it doesnt take that, you only want to slow the water flow across some media down. not stop it