View Single Post
Old 08/26/2007, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys,
Time for another update;
stathis: My camera is indeed an IXUS 400 with housing, and no strobes or extra lenses.

Dyepes: No worries, i'm more than happy to be showing people what is out there. I'm glad you're enjoying the photos!

tibbs2: Townsville is about 50 nautical miles from the reef, (inshore islands have fringing reefs) so it's a day trip to get to the reef. It's still close enough to spend a nice day out there though, and its good to be out in the clear water offshore. There is no shore diving here though, unless you count the islands.

FIJI Reefing: Collecting is ok if you have the required permits, and do it in the right place in the right way. There is also a very limited range of things you can collect.

Bluey101: I'm glad Bluey has a fan! He lives in Sydney though, and i'll be up in townsville until the end of the year, so no more pics just yet. I'll be sure to go visit him when i'm back though.

Sad news!! Two days ago i was out at magnetic island, and my camera finally gave up on life. After being dropped on practically every continent, and doing magnificent service since 2003, the end has finally come. It did well, i recon well over 15,000 photos easily in it's lifetime.
Anyway, i'm now trying to scrape together enough money to get a new camera, but it could be a long task.

I still have a few thousand photos ready to be posted from previous trips though, so don't worry just yet!