View Single Post
Old 12/12/2007, 01:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Also... about your bryopsis problem, have you considered a lettuce slug? I know that they're a confirmed bryopsis eater. Granted that they're not known for being that great in captivity, but it's also a viable solution to the bryopsis problem.
They do feed upon Bryopsis however you will have to have the flow in your tank down, even the weakest powerhead will kill a Sea Slug. So going natural and using a Sea Slug in a SPS setup wouldn't be feasible as they require higher flow levels than most corals in order to thrive as all of you know. Also in a tank that large, the algae will be growing faster than they can eat it.

The best way to remove Bryopsis is by indeed raising your Magnesium levels to 1500-1700 (max).

Starving a tank of nitrates and phosphates won't work because they feed minimally on nitrates and phosphates and use light more for growth than nutrients like Chaeto. So your tank conditions can be perfect and still have an outbreak.

Having a high post count doesn't necessarily show intelligence or knowledge, it simply shows you just talk a lot. - Me

Last edited by JaredWaites; 12/12/2007 at 01:52 PM.