View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

It was sold as A DIY light he knew that.. he also knew it needed MAJOR REWIRING anyways to run the New Ballast and he also knew that the ORIGINAL BALLLAST WAS TOAST.

Any DIY guy knows to connect a new BALLAST to that fixture would require some pretty major WIRING inside that light. he knew it going in, I EXPLAINED THIS TO Him, Asked him if he was capable BEFORE he took the light of doing this over the phone. He said he was. Had he NOT been handy, I NEVER would have sold the light to him.

These are details everyone is missing. I sold it to him MAKING IT PLAIN that the new 600Volt wires would need to be rewired in the unit to the VERY wires that I had repaired.

So all of you saying he would have blown up the house is just wrong. He would have had to CUT those wires and connect the NEW ballasts to the power sides anyways just to power it up?

Thus cutting everything and anything I had done to it period. Making any repairs I made to the thing a MUTE Point.

Now had I sold the thing WITH THAT BALLAST as working, saying
"hey just fire it up with the stock ballast" you might have a point.

He had to rewire the T5 wires and all connections anyways, and also all the HQI wires which I had repaired would have had to been cut to remove the weird connectors to run the light PERIOD.