View Single Post
Old 05/25/2005, 03:35 PM
Moved On

Uh, I didn't refuse to do that. The claim was for $200. How is it shady to let him keep the tank and file the claim--WHICH HE AGREED TO DO WITH NO PROBLEM!--rather than to make him ship back the tank for another $40, which I KNOW he wouldn't do because he's completely irrational and thinks that I should give him back the total $200 including the $40 it cost me to ship it to him. Doesn't that sound extremely complicated, if not OVERLY so?

PLUS, you all think you know all about filing claims, but you forget that when Fedex gives you the claim money from the insurance, the item becomes the property of Fedex. I know this for a fact--I do have the big, fat "user's" manual. (Really, they basically bought it off you with the claim money, so why shouldn't they get it to do something with?) And besides, even if that wasn't the case, it would only cause more complications to ship it again. Maybe if this were a regular, run-of-the-mill customer, that could be an option. But why? I don't care, I don't need to sell the tank again to make more money--I don't need more money, and honestly, I'm done with it. He can have it. He said he was going to use it as a sump anyway. And even if Fedex wouldn't be taking the tank, I think the customer should get to keep it for his troubles. Think about it: the insurance money gets paid to him, so he breaks even (spent $200, got back $200) whereas I already made my money off the tank. So why should I inconvenience him even more by making him re-package the tank--which took me an hour to do--just because I feel like I need MORE money? That would be rude and greedy to make him ship it back so that I could make MORE money by selling it again. And how would it benefit him? If anything, THAT, to me, sounds shady. Greedy = shady, they're one and the same. That's the thing--some people sell things solely to make money, and those are the people you need to watch out for.

Newmariner, try to think about things before you say, or post, them. It's easy to say anything without explaining, isn't it? It doesn't require any cognitive thought on your part. They call that BASHING.