View Single Post
Old 05/25/2005, 12:44 PM
Moved On

Look, I'm just irritated because some people think exactly that: that I don't want to do anything. LOOK, I've been doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to fix this situation. Trust me, I'm an honest and hardworking seller, and I'm just selling off old equipment and coral clippings, not even doing it for a living. I VALUE other human beings, and do everything I can to make things work. Most of my sales have gone flawlessly, or have had minor problems that were fixed quickly. Talk to anyone I'd sold to--I always go above and beyond. DOA zoos? I replace them. Equipment broken in shipping? I offer to file the claim. With this tank, I never tried to get out of filing the claim. I've filed claims as a buyer before, and since they want to see the broken items, packaging, etc., I thought it would be easier for him to file--especially since it's his item and his money on the line. BUT I simply suggested the idea, and noted that I could just as easily do it, but that I thought it'd be better that he do it, considering the facts above, and he agreed without a problem. That's why I don't quite understand why he politely agreed and went ahead and started filing the claim, only to start with these strange theories midway through.

Also, I never skipped over the part about the photos of the broken tank. I emailed him asking to see the photos, since it's gone to a point where I don't even believe that the tank ever broke and he hasn't responded. In fact, we haven't spoken since he posted this thread. I don't know if he's even reading it, whether he even cares. And, frankly, I'd rather not talk to him anyway. He's really a pain to deal with--and as someone who greatly values good customer service, having been both the buyer and the seller many times, even I have had my fill with him. Really. You should see the emails. I've posted some nice tidbits already--those friendly quips and threats and what not. Even Gandhi himself might run low on patience with this fellow.

Can you see why I'm getting a little short on patience? We're just going in circles. What irritates me the most is that people I've never even spoken to are trying to imply that I'm some kind of bad person. Again, talk to ANYONE that I've sold to, including the ones where something may have gone wrong. I do EVERYTHING that I can, and, trust me, it takes a LOT of effort on my part, but I do it because it's the RIGHT THING TO DO.

Now, the only things I'm fighting are these ridiculous accusations about pre-broken tanks, doctored photos, and claim-filing. I don't know how else to prove that I'm not the kind of person that he's trying to make me out to be. I pride myself in being an honest person and a reputable seller. I could quote other threads and post the PM's from many of my buyers who have been extremely pleased with transactions. Yoshiod, for example, bought my Iceprobe chiller with temp controller--$100 plus some zoos--and he said it was the most well-packed item he'd ever recieved, even posted on one of my for-sale-threads for any potential buyers to see. That's straight from a post on NR. And there are plenty more.