View Single Post
Old 05/24/2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Caesar777
So what's your point? Look, I'm not a store, I'm a hobbyist.
Actually...you tend to sell livestock and gear on RC as well as nano-reef.com on a regular basis. Im not accusing you of running a business but you definitely do a large amount of buying and selling on the boards.

I think your reactions kind of sum up your whole approach to selling. I bought a dosing pump from you a few months back that didnt work. I actually contacted you through ebay because you outbid me on a lot of 3 dosing pumps. I offered to give you the amount you paid for all 3 in exchange for one WORKING pump. You even said you would throw in some dripsets for the pump.

Just a day or two after you shipped the pump out, I see someone selling the same pump on RC. I put two and two together and realized it was the same person. In the thread, you said that you would include some dripsets...and there was a photo of them. I noticed right away that they were the wrong brand...they were Kangaroo dripsets...the pump was a Compat.

So I dropped a friendly line in your thread...just saying that those were not the correct dripsets. Perhaps I should have contacted you via PM. But I was just being helpful. I wasn't trying to start any commotion...the tone of my post was friendly. I also emailed you to give you a heads up on my post just in case you didnt see it.

WELL...a few hours later I get a scathing email telling me I dont know what Im talking about....HOW DARE I POST THAT ON HER THREAD! Dripsets are just tubing...doesnt matter what kind it is (duh...then why would people buy 3 dollar dripsets when they can just get airline for a few cents a foot) etc. etc.

I must say...at that point I felt a little uneasy. If she did not know those were the wrong dripsets, how did she know the pump she sent me was functioning properly? I mean you need to hook up the dripset to test it out...she said she would test it out.

Long story short. I got the pump...had the free Kangaroo dripsets that were worthless to me. Luckily I had the same dosing pump on my small reef tank so I pulled that out of the chain and hooked up the new one. It dosed for a minute and then beeped and shut down. I reprimed, and it shut off after a few seconds....tried multiple times with the same result. I even bought a case of the correct dripsets a couple of weeks ago and tried a brand new set on the pump last week....same result.

At this point (after the initial testing) I was a bit ticked off. I emailed her telling her that the pump was not fuctional...that it was obvious that she didnt test it because she didnt even know how to work it. She came back at me saying that she did test it for power (not exactly what I stated. Functional and Powers Up are two different things altogether)...that it wasnt her fault...and bashed me for giving her negative feedback later down the road. There were several exchanges of emails...and never once did she offer some sort of refund or anything. Not until I post negative feedback that she comes back at me saying I ruined here reputation and...how dare I do that...and that she would have resolved this if I would have given her the chance.

You did have the chance.
I didnt ruin your reputation.
And frankly...I think you do that fine on your own.

Im sure you are just peachy when deals go the way they are planned. But when something goes wrong, and its your responsibility to make it right...you really fall short. At least IME...and granted...its only one experience. But it was a bad one.

If you want to continue to sell as much as you do on RC and NR, I suggest you be a bit more cordial when a "customer" has a problem. You have to understand, and more importantly, deal with mishaps and diffuse the situation....not add gasoline to the fire.

JMO,
billpa