Thread: Clamtastrophe
View Single Post
Old 12/30/2007, 09:27 PM
Keeper of the clams!!!

It's too bad I live a couple hours away I would loan you my trap. At first I started thinking your stainless steel theory had some merit but on the other hand I use a stainless knife for cutting byssal threads when I have to work on my clams and I leave the knife in the tank the whole time I am messing arround in there. I have kept lots of emralds with my clams and have never had any problems too. I have had cleaner shrimp and the only time I have seen them touch a clam is when the clam was dead or dieing. I have never had fire shrimp so I can't help you there. But from what others are saying I think they can't be trusted with clams.

So if it were my tank I would highly suspect the fire shrimp and both angels. If possible I would remove all of them and see what happens. Put them into the qt.

Personally I think all of the others on the other forum have alot of different problems and a lack of knowledge. So they are all saying they are all experienceing the same thing as you. Don't get me wrong I know there are some people on there that do know thier stuff though.

I know some angels are good to go with clams and never have problems. But it is hard for me to even come close to recommending keeping them together becuase the risk is too high. Its just not responsible reefkeeping to me.

That should fix it everything right???