View Single Post
Old 07/11/2007, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UN-Sizzlers
I think he meant that everyone in the club has now seen this so he is problye being presssured to do what is right. personal problems or not.
I hope so, but I honestly don't think that he really cares at this point.

I called the PD of his town and they told me that I have to file paperwork with the NYPD and get the NYPD to contact them before they can persue anything. I called the Minnesota PD after hours and I'm not confident that the woman knew what she was talking about, so I'm going to call back again to at least find out exactly what they need to act or if they will even act upon it at all.

I have very good NYPD connections so it won't be a problem on this end if that's all the local PD in his town is waiting for.

I also found online submittal forms for both mail and Internet fraud. I'm not sure how seriously my claims will be taken since $575 might be a relatively small amount comared to the sums others have had stolen, but I'm going to fill them out anyway. And yes, I do believe this money has been stolen at this point.

I have a recieved a generous offer from a local Minnesota reefer that I'm going to look into about picking up the skimmer and having it shipped. I'd rather pay another $75 for shipping than get nothing out of this at all. Scott can keep the extra $75 if someone else ships it for me. I'd be embarassed if I were him to do so, but unfortunatley it appears we don't seem to be the same in that regard. I'm going to call that office tomorrow and see if they're willing, although when I tried to call today their phone was busy the entire day.

The last I was told was that Scott was going to ship as soon as he was paid and that he was supposed to be paid at the end of last week. He was paid and nothing was shipped. I know he was paid because his cell phone was disconnected for a while and coincidentally came back in service at the end of last week, although he always voice mails me, even when I block my number. I think he must've been able to pay his phone bill to get his phone number back in service.

It seems that no one here on RC or the other boards that he participates on has heard from him in a while so I'm not sure that there is really any opportunity to pressure him. Also, it seems that the woman whom I spoke with at that office is in regular contact with him and I think she, of all people, could pressure him.

Last edited by Acropooper; 07/11/2007 at 11:41 PM.