View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 06:16 PM
no time for spell check!

mcliffy2 thank you for this information.
seeing you do patent work you would be the one to know all the ways to find out if there is an existing patent in the united states. thanks for clearing up the grey areas about the tunzee pumps. i have never seen any patent stamps or patent pending numbers on the tunzes so i figured they were not a patented product.

on a side note i heard from a person that wanted to use some tunze streams in a public reef tank. tunze refuses to have there products ULtested/ listed. so that ruins it so no public aquariums can use these pumps in there tanks. its sad to see that a company that has such a good reputation wouldnt want to increase that reputation by having there products tested by underwriters labrotories. if the company that makes the x flow pumps had thethere pumps tested and thenhad the UL liisted sticker on them i would buy that pump before i would buy the tunze stream. in my mind this is the big problem with our hobby. most equiptment is not tested by independent testing companies to insure they are not fire hazzards or that there is not a problem with that product.