View Single Post
Old 11/28/2007, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

ok long time no post.....both elegance still alive but some problems. Both elegance are responding by not opening up. Its been this way for weeks now. The little one has no tissue loss but the big one has the tissue receeding on one side.They will both still accept food but not open all the way. The big one honestly i think is the reaction to the lighting. I went from 20k xm to a 20k radium.
Alkalinity has remained the same at 11
calcium ranges from 440-480
phos-0
nitrate-<5
amm-0
I just dont understand. The water parameters have been consistent for the duration of captivity. The only things that catch my eye...both react the same...maybe a lack of or possibly build up of a certain element. So i'm thinking a big water change...50%

I also thought possibly a nitrate spike....removed a cup of sand for a fellow reefer.

Better yet what about chemical warfare....i have removed sinularia and added a big toadstool leather. The leather is upstream from the elegance. Soooo ****ible culprit.
Darren i will post pics tomorrow and i have not forgot about you i still have your reflector. What do you think man?