View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:13 PM
Team RC Member

Tennis. I have two ways to deal with the ball: I either miss it entirely or I send it over the net backstop.

Badminton and pingpong: I have flattened a lot of these missiles.

Patience. I had a lot rather poke a situation and see how it reacts. RTFM? That would make it boring. And I HATE boredom.

Arithmetic. I have no trouble with astrophysics. Arithmetic has to be worked out on fingers and by sets of two.

Housekeeping. I always have a great vision. The execution leaves a notable few items still on the floor.

Knitting. Sometimes I get something wearable. Often it's kid-sized or twice the size I thought it would be---particularly the latter, if it's expensive yarn.

Needlepoint: I'm blind as a bat at shortrange. I can freehand a picture in needle and thread, but don't ask me to follow a line of X's, O's and Y's on a piece of paper and transfer that 2 feet over to microscopic holes in a canvas. Some people call this fun.

Bookkeeping: there is no way I will ever balance a bank account. Somehow there are always micro-mistakes that turn up long after they were detectable. On one notable occasion I racked up a 5000.00 error that I thought I understood, so was just carrying. Turned out you really were supposed to do something odd with those checks hanging out at the end of the year...I forget what that was, however. But it happened somehow.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.