View Single Post
Old 11/15/2007, 01:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by boviac
Yes, once we get a Non-Profit Corp set up, maybe a ficticious business name, and a bank account, I think we will be opening up a PayPal account to receive membership fees. I agree it is the wave of future transactions. MARS in Sac did this last year and I think more than a few people participated that way. We may consider including the paypal fee for those who go that route. However, I'm not sure what that amount is and if it's worth it.

So that being said please bring $25 cash or be prepared to make the check out the treasurer. That's a sticky point isn't it. Hmm.
Yeah, that's the problem; I'm not going to be able to make it to the December meeting. That means I could then wait until the January meeting... but that is during my vacation from work, and I may be out of town, which then puts me into the February meeting, but I already have tickets to New Orleans (AQUARIUM OF THE AMERICAS WOOOOOO!!!), so I may not be able to pay (at a meeting) until March? I could mail a payment somewhere, meet up with someone and send my money with them, or paypal. Paypal used to be a 2.7% fee for receiving money, and I think it probably still is (75 cents additional on our fee ). But like it was mentioned before, I think you need a bank account to link it to.