View Single Post
Old 11/28/2004, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

One more quick question: What brand of calcium test do you use? I have Aquarium Pharmaceuticals for everything else, and I was planning on ordering their Calcium test as well, but read a few things about it that tells me it is somewhat hard to read. Any suggestions?

I will check Wal-Mart out for the carbon as well. Is the carbon from Wal-Mart a "Wal-Mart" brand and does it in a box like a milk carton?

Also, excuse me for my ignorance, but on the calcium additive, what is "DT's"?.........Sorry for so many questions, but this is my first reef and just want to make sure I can do everything in my power to do it right. I just moved from another state into an apartment and left a 75 gallon FOWL saltwater behind (not enough space in rhe apt). I enjoyed it as it was an aggressive tank. It won't be until another year that I can get a larger size tank when I move into a house. I have always wanted a large reef tank but was too afraid to try, so my adventure with this 30 gallon will give me the practice (and courage) I need to take on a 75 gallon a year from now.

Oh and as far as your tanks at school go, I think I would be making an attempt to set up a digicam or something. Wouldn't be able to stand it being away from them!! I don't remember if someone asked you this or not, but do you have ANY tanks at your home at all?