View Single Post
Old 11/28/2004, 12:38 PM
Robotic Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by vrob
dwculp,
I usually order things in bulk from That Fish Place and I will be getting ready to place an order tomorrow.
That Fish Place is great! I have spent a considerable sum of money there. Another great company with great customer service! The only problem I have ever had is I got a Coralife light fixture from them with a broken bulb. I emailed them and they sent out a new bulb that day.

Well, I am still new to all this saltwater reef stuff, but:

(1) What type of phosphate remover would you recommend - Phosban or Phosguard? - I have had good sucess with Phosban in my freshwater tank. Though I gave up trying to control phosphates in that thing!!

(2) I have an Empero and will use it to run carbon (after I take the biowheel out). What type of carbon have you had success with? I buy carbon from the cheapest place in the world. Wal-Mart!!! I believe their carbon is repackaged Marine Land. Wal-Mart also sells boxes of 6 filters for my Penguin 330. They are also rebranded Marineland filters at 1/2 the price!! I wish Wal-Mart would come out with an Emperor clone so they would sell cheap filters for it!

By the way, Drs. Foster and Smith has Emperor cartridges on sale now for $7.49 for a box of 4!

(3) Are you dosing with any other additives to feed the corals, etc. you have in the tank? - I have been adding Phyto-Plex from Kent Marine but will switch to DT's when I find a place around here that sells it. I also add calcium as when I mixup IO it has a low calcium content of about 300-350ppm. I add calcium to bring it up to 450ppm.

Quote:
I know your tanks are at school, but you are really good to be away from them until tomorrow. I think I would be so excited that I would be sitting in my classroom right now staring at the tank if I were you!! I know your students will be really excited tomorrow! [/B]
I am doing everything in my power to not go to school today! I actually live 23 miles north of the school I teach at and so it isnt like a small drive. If I lived closer I would so be there right now! However, I really need to stay home today, rest and do a bit of house cleaning. I am currently watching one of the greatest series of movies ever made - The Back to The Future trilogy

I tried to move closer last summer but never found time to search for a place to live and my lease auto-renews every August!