View Single Post
Old 11/27/2004, 10:16 PM
Robotic Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by vrob
I didn't know TBS shipped on Saturday. (I recalled asking about a Saturday shipment so I wouldn't have to take a day off work and I thought they told me they didn't)

Anyway, the rock looks great and I can only imagine what it will look like in a few months. I posted earlier about my hair algae problem, I think I may have gone through my cycle already. Talked to Mark today (from TBS) and he told me that the algae may not be hair algae, maybe some kind of macroalgae that came in on the rock, but the cleanup crew will get it.(I hope so, it's getting outrageous) At any rate, I am glad you got your shipment and I wish you good luck on aquascaping because that will be a task. So much stuff that you want to be able to look at everything!
I do not think they normally ship on Saturday. I think they went out of their way for me and I appreciate very much. It shows what kind of company they run!

I agree, it may not be true hair algae. I have had massive hair algae problems before. In my 29 gallon I had strands of hair that ran from the bottom of the tank all the way to the top of the water! The algae I got while cycling the first part of the package looked at first like hair algae but then developed actual structure and looked more plant like. I still removed it all the same.