View Single Post
Old 12/17/2007, 07:13 PM
Premium Member

I don't know where to get the pumps... Even the cheaper ones on ebay have $15-20 shipping making them $40, and most MO places are between $35-45, so plus shipping there all about equal. I might as well go to Petsmart and buy them for somewhere in the $40 range and get them now.

The pressure problem arose when I was testing the Resun in the 5g bucket. The further I pushed it down in the bucket, the less air it drew into the pump because it was having a problem getting air sucked down. So w/ the pumps being at the bottom of the skimmer, I'm not sure if they'll have a problem or not.

The big box in the middle is the bubble box. Are two returns necessary? No, but what to do w/ the extra space? I think there will be BARELY enough space for the power cord to come back up and out of the skimmer.

The thing I like about the QO pumps is that the outlet's are offset, or it looks that way.. that way when they're in the bubble box I don't necessarily have to do anything w/ them so they're not shooting directly at each other, but I may screw a T on there anyway to reduce the turbulence.

Go SunDevils...there's always next year!