Thread: Habitattitude
View Single Post
Old 03/15/2005, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

WOW I had to check to make sure I was on Reef Central.
I am in the process of putting together my first tank, but am now wondering if the money would be better invested in a fallout shelter. The end is obviously near.

With global warming, ground water pollution, marine species being devastated by overfishing and loss of habitat, famine, disease, nuclear arms proliferation, and on, and on, and on, this planet is on a difficult path.

Despite all the "problems" mentioned above, IMHO the single greatest problem being faced by the inhabitants of this planet
is APATHY.
While it is not my place to tell you what to care about.. you HAVE to care about something..ANYTHING...or your existence is pointless.
This planet is our home... and barring a miraculous advancement in the space program ... will continue to be our home till we die.
We should show the same dilligence and care to this planet and ALL its inhabitants.... plants, animals, natural resources, etc... that we show to that small cube of water we call our reef tank.

Its simply our responsibility.

( It is not the intention of this poster to inflame, anger, insult, sadden, or cause undue mental stress to any reader, but to simply express my opinion.)