Thread: Habitattitude
View Single Post
Old 03/13/2005, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

I'll to clarify something for you.

Zebra Mussels are a nuisance, invasive species in the great lakes. They arrived via water ballasted in freighters that originated in the Caspian Sea.

THAT is the evil shipping intrest conspiracy you were trying to describe. US & Canadian governments have spent millions battling these pests. It's well known, well documented & painstakingly researched material.

Snakeheads were imported by well-meaning, but woefully uninformed aquaculturalists. A few of the failed farming experiments were wrongly terminated by knocking down their earthen levees & allowing the pond contents to spill into lakes & rivers.

Kudzu was imported to the US from asia as a low-cost, fast-growing cattle fodder. Have you heard of it?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I would be more than intrested in reading any material you can provide which supports your conclusions.

If you fancy yourself a skeptic, consider this: Given multiple explanations for a single phenomenon, would you chose the one that sounds most reasonable & analyze it? Or the one that's the most fantastic & run with it?

If you'd like to continue discussing this topic, I'm game, as long as the mods humor us. My ip has been banned from every new-earth creationist message board on the web & I'm itching for some mental exercize.