View Single Post
Old 09/14/2006, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by VikeBron
I am a little confused. Your other thread, all 10,000 pages was a virtual running ad for T5's and more important Prodibo. Now a complete switch to Zeovit makes me scratch my head a little. Maybe you need a challenge, although I cannot see your tank being any better than it is now. So my question is...what are you trying to accomplish with the change? Are you just setting up another tank or are you going to put your existing corals in it? Is this an experiment at the request of Zeovit? I am not at all saying it is wrong but am curious about the possible motive.
After following the other thread, I and another reefer are ordering prodibio tomorrow and starting the regiment as I am sure others already have. Not a real big deal but I am curious about the change.
The change from Prodibio and DSB to Zeovit is not a change of my philosophy. I used and will use a extrem low nutrient system. Only the way to reach and hold this situation is different. The DSB in combination with Prodibio is a pretty good method and shows good results in my old tank and many other tanks. Now it's time for a change of scope and a new challenge.

Summary of my motives:

1: DSB with the time visually does not see integrated charming in the tank. The front-glass is covered with 12 cm of sand, which inside gets dark by the bio-activity. This already further takes something away from DSB to height in the pelvis.

2: A DSB runs independently and very successfully. But it cannot be checked. I can already influence some components with the Zeovit method: Run, crowd, a replacement of the material.

3: DSB and Prodibio is a very good system to reach a low-nutrient system. I am searching a new challenge and because that I change the tank, the system, the reef decoration.

Regards,
Iwan