View Single Post
Old 12/31/2005, 03:02 PM
404 errors turn me on

Quote:
Originally posted by Swimfins
Well, nice thread ya.
My tang is doing fine, hunting and pecking and eating so I'll be my own judge here and say so far so good.
I expected more from this thread. Its easy to lay down laws, but not to make exceptions to the rule.
I don't think my zebrasoma flavescens gives a hoot that I short changed him 10g of water. I don not intend to add more fish. If I did: Hit me with a hammer, cause I deserve it.
Its a matter of common sense.
You can overstock on small fish (like those cheap and evil damsels ) as much as you can on large fish. Its a matter of common sense and good fishkeeping practices in the end.
The whole thing is for now and yes you are right 10G of water doesn't make a difference it's the shape of the tank that does. Right now it's probably small and is doing fine your 3ft long tank but eventually it will grow and reach the point where it is either going to do one of two things neither of which are good.
a)stop at about 6inches stunted
b)keep going and die of stress
Basically yes you are right it will be fine so long as you use common sense. But you're wrong in my opinion if you think a 3ft tank is suitable for a future 8inch fish just because it has that useless height and comes close to being the min 75 gallons.(which is also too small in my opinion)