View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Since a few folks have asked for updates I think I should share my testing plan. I will not be making any quick judgments on this piece of equipment. It's unfair to make comparisons between skimmers until after a reasonable break in period followed by a minimum of 2 weeks real world tank skimming IMO. I already made the mistake of posting "initial" air numbers and all that did was cause confusion when the performance greatly improved the next day.

So...here's my timeline
[list=1][*]Skimmer will be running for a total of 10 days in the break in tub. Complete on Jan 14th[*]Skimmer will be installed on my tank and allowed to run for 2 weeks Complete on Jan 28th[*]I will post my comparison between the ATI BM 160 and the SWC/MSX 160. I plan to take comparison pics and measurements of the two units and post my thoughts by Jan 30th[/list=1]

I honestly feel this time line is a bit rushed to get my full opinion, and I'll probably provide additional data at the 3 month mark.

In the meantime anyone interested in posting their opinions, pics, or questions feel free.