View Single Post
Old 04/09/2007, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

Love hearing everyones good results.

It looks like anyone testing their nitrates before and after have found them to be good cleaners!

I've got a brand new small empty tank set up. It's for anemone breeding, but before I move the anemones into it, I'll do a little test with the clams and some nitrate. Measure how long it takes 5 of them to reduce it.

I keep my display tank at 84+ degrees, which is warmer than most people. That could be the reason some of my manila clams have died. I have a dozen more in there now and they seem to be doing well. None died on acclimation this time.
Chris

RedSonja -
I've been playing WoW for the last 2 months- Its such an addictive game! Lvl44 hunter.

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonladylea
I have been using the Cherrystone clam in my reef for approx a year for filtration and they are doing great!!

My tank was proof enough for me - my nitrates were always 60ppm and above I feed my critters well so I know where the nitrate was coming from. I have changed nothing except added the cherrystones to my fuge 4 at first until the nitrates were down at which time I gave 2 away and the 2 that remain have kept the nitrates 0-5ppm for almost a year.