View Single Post
Old 07/21/2004, 07:07 AM
Reeftard. Bonafide.

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Jeff, what is the device you are referring to, and how/where do you vent it to? And what does it cost and what does it look like? I am still going to run an A/C duct into that room for summer. Heat will be available in the winter, but perhaps will be unnecessary and I'll just close the return (vent).
Inexpensive device that has a wall mount controller, that operates/connects to what appears to be a larger vent in the wall/ceiling. This is attached to simple ductwork (in my case, ductwork that leads right outside the house). Basically it draws the moisture from the air and blows it out through a hose connection. Inexpensive and works extremely well. Easy to install but does require a little bit of electrical know-how and the ability to mount the box and vent, and take your ductwork (normally the simple vinyl duct variety) to an outside wall where a floating shuttle vent will open when the humidistat is running.

There is a lot of water and heat in a fish room when an in-wall tank is built and that means humidity. I felt I was better safe than sorry and didn't want to deal with any humidity problems, especially when we have the four seasons in full force here.

http://www.honeywell-thermostat.com/...t-H46C1000.htm
Reefing Law #22: The more a coral costs, the greater the likelihood it will die in your tank.