View Single Post
Old 07/21/2004, 06:33 AM
TRC Leader

First of all, thanks for the plumbing suggestions. I really didn't want to have to run copper and sweat something like 24 elbows total. I'll head up to Home Depot this afternoon for those parts.

Jeff, what is the device you are referring to, and how/where do you vent it to? And what does it cost and what does it look like? I am still going to run an A/C duct into that room for summer. Heat will be available in the winter, but perhaps will be unnecessary and I'll just close the return (vent).

I have a question about the top of my stand, or platform. What wood do you suggest I use? MDF would be so easy to slide the tank on, but as it gets wet I'd be unhappy. Unless I painted/sealed it like crazy before the tank went on it.

The tank is currently on a metal frame with only one single cross brace - all of it is made of 1 or 2" tubing - Interamerican made it for this tank. There is no solid surface on it, just the tank. Btw, there are some wooden shims between the glass (center of the tank's base) and the cross brace. I always read that tanks sit on the outer walls, so does the center panel really tend to float?

Would a sheet of plywood be better? Is it even necessary? The frame will be 2"x6" construction, with 2"x4" uprights.