View Single Post
Old 11/14/2007, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ClownReef®
I guess if the half rule is true..132/2 is 66..My tank is 58 ...i suppose i cleared it.
Here is Tunze's official rating system. IMO you fall into the SPS plus heavy bioload - 2 tangs in a 58 G is A LOT (I'll refrain from calling the tang police, but there are some that will say no tang belongs in a tank your size, I think 1 at least would be OK if you do an open aquascape). Given that its only 40% of 132 (ie reduce by 60), which is about 53g. No reason not to return the 9005 and get a 9010...plan now and save money in the long run. I know from experience, now on my second skimmer.

COMLINE DOC Skimmer
The Comline DOC Skimmer with hydrofoamer has an open water circuit which can be controlled. Apart from the air output, the flow rate of the skimmer determines the output of the DOC skimmer. In addition, due to its biotope composition, every marine aquarium has a different sensitivity with respect to the organic load. Based on a standard marine aquarium with soft corals, the data on the suitable skimmer size may differ in other biotopes. For this reason, the aquarium volumes remommended for the skimmer should be reduced in case of sensitive biotopes.

Low Sensitivity
In soft coral aquariums with long-polyp corals and anemones, for example, the share in dissolved organic matter may be higher, sometimes it may even be vital. In this type of aquarium, the recommended aquarium volume can be used without deduction.

Medium Sensitivity
A medium organic stability is usually found in mixed aquaiums inhabited with soft and stone corals (LPS). Filter-feeding animals. sponges, et cetera, are found there frequently well. For these aquariums, a reduction of about 20% of the skimming capacity is calculated. A skimmer for 1000 liters (264 gallons) should thus be used for an aquarium about 800 liters (211 gallons) which has this kind of reef design.

High Sensitivity
Aquariums with primarily small-polyp stony corals (SPS) require an especially high degree of purity. They should have no load of phosphates or nitrates worth mentioning. Good oxygen saturation and very clear water are the pre-requisites. Comline DOC skimmer is also ofter used as a "stand-alone" solution in these aquariums. This type of aquarium should be reduced by about 40% in the volume of the skimmer volume mentioned.

High Sensitivity and High Load
Hard coral aquariums with a high population of fish require an extremely high skimming capacity. The skimmer has to ensure the degree of purity for the hard corals are at an above average high fish load. if the Comline DOC skimmer has to operate as a "stand-alone" solution here, a high-performance is required. This type of aquarium should be reduced by up to 60% in volume of the skimmer volume mentioned.
Mag 9.5 return,
Tunze 9010 skimmer,
Phosban Reactor,
4 Tunze Nanostreams Modded,
retros: 400w MH + 4x39w 36" T5