View Single Post
Old 09/13/2006, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefflections
Randy O
I have mine about as long as your photo's show.But how in the world do you frag this bad boy.We know folks have done it,because we wouldn't have the frags of it today.But does it flesh run all the down to the bottom of it base?It doesn't really put out long single branch per say.But I don't have the will to try the dremmel tool on it.at least not yet !Have you found out,how this thing can be cut.I got one polyp coming out the bottom of it's base.It can't grow or even feed.Because it's right in the center of the plug,which sits on the bottom.Very strange to pick it up,and see a polyp there? Any input,as to how and save way to be done?

The person I got my frag from was very nervous when he was watching me frag one of his prized corals. I used a pair of coral cutters. They have a pair of C shaped teeth on them, designed to cut Acropora branches.
The coral only had 5 or 6 heads on it. I was trying to cut it in half, but ended up with 1.5 polyps. I cut through a branch, but it did not break evenly, and split another head in half.

I don't have much advise for you yet. I'll have to try to cut my piece a few times before I give out instructions.