View Single Post
Old 12/17/2007, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Fingers crossed

Well, I'm on vacation and the tank is on it's own for 2 weeks. I never got a chance to take pics of my new frags, but I snagged some nice zoanthids (pink, lime green, dark green palythoas, some others), idaho grape monti cap and a german blue polyps digi. All were looking good when I left, except the orange zoanthids had not opened up.

While I'm away in seattle, I'll be designing a sump and cutting acrylic for it and my new overflow. I also am on the market for a skimmer, since I will have room for it in the new sump. The sump dimensions will be 15L x 11W x 14-15 high, so around 10 gallons full. Its the largest sump I can fit inside the stand while also being able to store buckets on the other side of the stand. I want to have a section for the drain from the tank that has space for my skimmer, an algae filter section in the middle and then the return pump will be on the opposite side from the drain/skimmer section. I need some suggestions for how to baffle the sump so that I won't get microbubbles in the tank. post Pics of your own sump setup and tell me how it has worked.

I haven't bought or used a skimmer in years, and I have no idea which to choose. The choices seem to have exploded in number in the past 5 years. I've seen the Odyssea PL75 skimmer mentioned in a couple of other nano build threads. What have experiences with this guy been like? The stock pump that comes with it seems pretty weak, like it might need a needle-wheel modded maxijet or it's own needle wheel mod to be effective. Anyone have experience with this guy?