View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joeychitwood
No matter what we wish, we cannot either will someone to live or will them to die. The feelings we have during the process of dying are just feelings, nothing more or less. If you look at the prayers you prayed at Gary's bedside, you KNOW in your heart that your motives were pure and out of love. There are no grounds for guilt.

It may be that a vivid dream about Gary would just be too painful right now. I occasionally dream about long lost loved ones, and I invariably wake up sad, even years later.
joey, if it was possible that willing a person to live worked, i wouldn't be asking these questions because gary would still be here.

i think part of the reason i need this dream is because of what i witnessed at the end of his life. he did not look like the same man, he was so gaunt, so thin, so pale, he looked so bad and that is the vision i cannot get out of my head, no matter how hard i try. i will be happy for just ONE dream, just one time to see him fat and sassy and smiling. i'll be patient. when it happens, i won't ask for it again. i won't object if there are more but i won't dwell on it.

it hasn't happened for a while but i used to have occasional dreams about my dad after he died. when i woke, i would be sad for a few seconds but then i would be happy to have "seen" him.