View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 04:04 PM
Crap Under User Name

Question So, let's just say I lost my mind and decided to get back into the reptile hobby...

I've been wanting to get a male and female Burmese Python for some time now. I used to keep snakes, including Burmese and Ball pythons and even a red-tail boa, in my late teens, but have been out of the hobby for well over a decade.

I have a huge plywood box that was going to be a plywood aquarium, but the size was just too big for me to finish. It measures 8' long x 3' deep x 2' high. It can easily be converted to the task of snake cage and would be big enough for a pair of Burmese for quite some time.

I am very much aware of the dangers of keeping these snakes and their requirements, but does anyone know how to get in touch with reliable local breeders? I've tried kingsnake.com, but I keep being directed to the rescue link. I want to stay away from pet stores when I make my purchase. If you abhors pet stores for fish, you probably haven't been in the reptile sections.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

The little men that live behind my eyes and scream into my brain told me to tell you hi.