Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 11/25/2007, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

I have take a few pictures and got a little more information to see if you guys see anything amis.

Tank 110 w/40 Breeder Sump (Actual Water Volume is around 120 Gallons as far as I've been able to tell.

I have a mixed bag of fish: Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, 2 Percula Clowns, Dispar Anthias, 2 Chromis and a Firefish. I feed Cyclops and home brew of food daily.

Skimmer is an RC-135. Pump is a Sedra KSP-5000. I am feeding it with a QuietOne 1200, its connected with vinyl tubing with about 2' of tube. I used the head loss calculator and came up with a flow rate of 242 GPH. I have the pump dialed back as far as it will let me go, not sure of exactly what the flow is when its dialed back. I can see the water breaking against the body across from the input, I've wondered if I have to much water moving in.

Other thing I've wondered about is where to aim the elbow for the output of the recirc pump. Right now I pointing at the side of the body on a slight angle. I've noticed that this sends bubbles low into the body and they get sucked back up by the pump. Is this wrong?

Shot of the plumbing with Recirc pump off.

Shot of the water height with Recirc pump off.

Shot of bottom plumbing with pump on. Should it be able to take in bubbles or should water be clear?

Shot of gate valve.

Shot of skimmer in operation. Cleaned cup yesterday afternoon.

Thanks All!