View Single Post
Old 01/03/2006, 09:30 PM
Get Your War On!!

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6415905#post6415905 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romanr
I just don't understand why these experts are so disrespected.
Nobody was disrepected and everyone here respected them very much. Anything Anthony said became gospel IMHO, Nobody ever second guessed Dr. Ron's IDs and sand bed info etc..., and nobody ever questioned Eric's IDs and coral info etc...
Nobody that was ever opposite "the debate" with Eric or Dr. Ron would say any different either.

But, as an analogy, when a student, in say...a history class wants to talk about some current events and what the history professor's take on them are, or heaven forbid, something in the textbook might come into question, but the student is ignored, or given a contrarian token answer and told to put their hand down, and sit back down without an explanation, then that can lead to some hard feelings, but the student still has to come back to class the next day and maybe ask a different question and take the professor's word on it, and take notes and regard them as facts, and respect the professor's knowledge...but that doesn't mean they will forget the slight...or that they have to treat the professor like the President.
And if your friend asks the same question the next day and is treated just like you, and then the professor doesn't come to school to teach the class the next day...well that's just silly.....though the professor may just be on sabbatacle, maybe he had a disagrement with the Dean, or is doing some research, maybe he's finding an answer to you questions, you won't know unless he tells you, and if he tells the Dean he's gonna quit then there is not much anyone can do, and you may even wonder how much he cared about the class... but badgering the adjunct won't get you any answers though () : )

As an aside:
My post count: 1631
Coral Forum: maybe 5
Invert Forum: none
All things salty: maybe 20

That pretty much puts thing in perspective for me, though I have probably read most of Anthony's posts, and look forward to reading any future posts he makes, here and elsewhere () : )

cheers,

grimmjohn

Oh Lord...I'm not ready for this sort of thing.