View Single Post
Old 07/14/2007, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ejocam
I wish the price was as low as people are thinking. For the undesirable pieces maybe? But you still have to pay for shipping. I got one box of crappy frags from Australia that had 20 pieces and it cost me $1980 and the pieces were crap compared to the stuff I apy top dollar for. The price will go down for the retailers who are freaking on the coin they had to spend to get them. So in desperation they start liquidating. The more seasoned collectors/retailers will just sit on them until they get what they think they are worth. If and when Aussie shuts down the exportation the price will eventually go up again. Just my .02
That doesn't seem like a bad price for the acan's $100 a colony. Have you tried different exporters out of Australia? even with the first batch of lords I seen coming out of Canada from the "best grade" supplier some of them looked like crap while others where very colorful.

I guess it is a gamble for the retailers who are selling them at a high mark up hoping that they shut down exportation quickly; if these corals start showing up at every local fish store around the country it will make it very difficult to sell them by the polyp when you can buy a colony for about the same price as you can buy a couple of polyps for.