View Single Post
Old 05/15/2007, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

I put one on my fish only tank (now has corals as well). I had to bleed gas (air or nitorgen?) out with the top valve for about a week or so but then it stopped building up. It has been running now for many months and no air pockets.

I was doing weekly water changes to keep the nitrates around 40-60. It has taken the nitrates down less than 10 - last time I checked it was around 5 and I only do a water change now about every 2 -3 weeks. I have a puffer, tusk, hawkfish and a few others so I feed a lot. Highly recommend if you have a nitrate problem and don't want (or can't) cut back on feeding. My puffer accounts for at least half my bio load. Darn messy eater.

180 gallon tank with another 30 - 40 gallons in a RDSB and sump.

I adjust the drip rate about once a week to keep it consistant as it tends to slow down. I am using the not so good valves that it came with and probably should use a better valve for the drip rate control.

I have added some soft corals: Finger leather, xenia, zoo's, yellow colonial, pagoda, frog spawn, brain and even a couple of monti-cap frags that have really taken off. They all seem to be thriving so it does not appear to cause them any issues.

EDIT: I have the S-1502

Brian