View Single Post
Old 05/14/2007, 11:20 PM
I hug trees, not Bushes

Quote:
Originally posted by airinhere
There need to be clearly defined boundaries of what constitutes a good person and a bad person. This is important so that people can gauge if they are a good person or not.

The same zealot mentality that drives Arabs to commit martyrdom causes people to focus on the enviroment around them and look for what is wrong with it and who can be blamed.
How do you clearly define what a good or bad person is? Beside the obvious markers such as killing people, there is an awful lot of gray area. And, pffft, you're trying to compare suicide bombers to environmentalists? Give me a break.
Quote:
No matter how noble a cause is, you cannot force it on another person or feel anger that they do not agree with your point of view.
Actually, you can. They're called laws.

Quote:
Global Warming is as real as you want it to be. Ignoring it will not stop things from getting worse, and raging against it will not make it any better.

It is based on a premise that there is somehow a way to undo the damage thats been done to our world. Otherwise, why bring it up at all except for to torture us with the knowlege of our own imminent doom?

I dont have an answer, I am just tired of people acting like its my fault.
Global warming isn't some belief, it's science, so its reality has nothing to do with what any of us want it to be. I don't know what you mean by "raging", but devising solutions for a problem seems like a smart idea.

Also, there are ways to undo damage to the environment, it's done all the time. Don't be so defeatist.

No one is blaming you personally, but I do blame those that speak out against important issues in ignorance. Asking questions is good, being skeptical is fine, even being ignorant is ok most of the time, but trying to persuade others on a subject by lying or through ignorance is a problem. But, many people are ignorant of their own ignorance, so what can we do?

All statements have been peer reviewed.