View Single Post
Old 05/14/2007, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by airinhere

Global Warming is as real as you want it to be. Ignoring it will not stop things from getting worse, and raging against it will not make it any better. The science behind Global Warming has always been suspect and not fully trusted. There are large ommisions that foster distrust of its integiry. The real danger it points at is the business sector and the horrible methods people use to gather wealth. It lays the blame at individuals who knew little of the damage being done on their behalf. And it is presided over by a disorganized array of individuals and groups that really dont seem any different than the businesses they bemoan. It is based on a premise that there is somehow a way to undo the damage thats been done to our world. Otherwise, why bring it up at all except for to torture us with the knowlege of our own imminent doom?

I dont have an answer, I am just tired of people acting like its my fault.
Well the first bit of your post is a bit too much to reply to at the moment. Probably another agrument altogether.

Fighting global warming can in fact help it. Ignoring it will make it worse.

The science behind AGW is not suspect. Maybe if you have some issues regarding it you can ask here and someone can attept to help you understand. What large ommisions do you speak of?

The business sector is large and diverse. There are many causing harm and many now trying to reduce their impact on the planet. Personally I believe the business sector is only partly to blame, however they are certainly part of the solution.

I don't quite know what you don't get about the solution. Its easy, reduce carbon emmisions. It is not something that cannot be solved. That is why it needs to be brought up. There is a solution.

I am not having a go at you so please do not take this the wrong way, but I am trying to understand how you have come to your understanding of the issue.

And lastly a bit of a rant, people have to understand, that this is not a case of AGW being a small issue. It is not just about a few species that face extinction. People will die. And not just a few.