Thread: Garage setup
View Single Post
Old 04/28/2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

I recently went throught the same thing. I had to cut 5 holes through the drywall and then through the stucco. The first lesson I learned is that a metal/wood holesaw does not go through stucco($20 of fun in about 10 seconds). I decided to use 2" pvc for every whole. After the holes were drilled with a carbide tipped holesaw, I cut 2" pvc the width between walls with an inch sticking out on either side. I slid the 2" pvc into the holes. Keep in mind that the holesaw size should closely match the pvc size. From there, I used rubber pvc joiners to snug up to the wall on either side, closing up the gap around the outside of the pvc. I chose which joiner I used based upon what size pipe was going through it. I now have the option of sliding any size pvc through the 2" pvc that is already in place. The joiners that I spoke of are available in different sizes, including caps that can be drilled what ever size you need. I wish I had a picture, cuz right now it probably sounds like I forgot my meds, but it worked well and no messy epoxy or filler.