View Single Post
Old 04/19/2007, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

I agree 100%. We all know that if any of these chain stores were abusing the dogs and cats they sell, there would be all kinds of stink brought up. There would be protests from PETA and the SPCA, They would be on every media outlet there is, but since these are just stupid fish and corals, they do not even get any sort of notice. It is just wrong, these are animals just like any other pet but they are so causually though of as dumb fish that get flushed when they die. Being a Scuba Diver and as a member of reef.org, The Shark Conservatory, Save our oceans, and a couple more I cannot remember off the top of my head, I am comitted to saving our coral reefs for the future generations. When I go on dive trips I conduct fish surveys, reef health reports, etc so that we can get the global picture of what is going on with the reefs and I can tell you from first hand experience, they are dying. Whether it be "global warming", Pollution, dynamite fishing in indonesia, and so forth, in the end it will probably be us Reefer's that do the most good at saving the reefs. By us fragging and propagating the corals and fish we love so much, it saves the wild ones from being blown up or poisoned with cyanide to bring them to the dealers. Now that I am off my soapbox, the point I was trying to make is that fish retailers need to be scrutinized just like any other pet sellers and maybe even more since our pets are very delicate and can be harmed very easily.

My 90 Gallon Bowfront Reef Tank
My Scuba Diving Pictures