View Single Post
Old 04/19/2007, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

The absolute best shop in Richmond is Atlantis Aquarium on Patterson ave. Tanks are beautiful, livesock very healty, and the staff is great. Marvin, Larry, Brandon, and the rest of the crew can help you get started or stock up whatever the need might be. They pride themselves on having the best store here.

The address is

Atlantis Aquarium Inc
www.atlantisva.com
10619 Patterson Ave
Richmond, VA 23238
(804) 377-0243

The only other shop here I would even consider out of the 6 that I have visited would be Richmond Aquarium off Hull Street. There tanks or pretty clean, and livestock looks healthy, but the staff, not sure about. They appear to be nice and all but don't think they have half the knowledge of Atlantis's staff.

Richmond Aquarium Inc
www.richmondaquarium.com
3645 Speeks Dr
Midlothian, VA 23112
(804) 276-3474

Other shops in the area are

Perfect Pets - Filthly tanks full of algae and dead livestock being eaten by hermits and othe crusteaceans and fish with white spots around the gills, we all know what that is and a staff that appear to not really give a D%^m about the livestock

Pet Club - Same as perfect pets but even worse looking tanks and another store whose staff appear to not really give a D%^m about the livestock.

PetCo - Ok for a walmart type store and moving livestock as fast as possible with no regard to their health or or stress levels (they had a 5-6 inch Volitan Lion in a 6" x 10" cubicle within a tank, the poor fish could barely turn around.

Petsmart - Some SW supplies but no livestock and another walmart type chain.

That is my advice and opinions on the shops that I am familiar with, if someone has other experiences or knows of other shops in the area, post it and let us know.

Disclaimer - These are only my opinions and other people may have better or worse experience with these shops, for me I will ALWAYS buy from Marvin at Atlantis.

Michael B.

My 90 Gallon Bowfront Reef Tank

My Scuba Diving Pictures